Friday, January 16, 2009

Challenge Four - Sandy's Layout

This is my take on the Art and Soul challenge. It's late and I have a deadline to meet, so I'm using some journaling from my blog rather than coming up with new material. Here it is:



The Art of It:

* Paper Cut Out Star
* Smudge marks on the background paper
* Brush stroke in the lower left corner
* Paintbrush "Dream" word art
* Radial Blur filter on the shadow image

The Soul of It (my journaling):

"I felt especially close to you, as the snow-packed road muffled the sound of moving cars. In the peacefulness, my mind drifted to our hands... yours in mine. Our gloves thick enough to keep our hands warm, yet thin enough that I could feel the exact shape of your hand in mine. You didn't want me to leave you at the sidewalk... My warnings of the icy sidewalks struck up a little fear in you, and you didn't want to be left to tackle it alone. You held my hand securely knowing that if you slipped, I would be there to catch your fall. And, indeed I was ready. Always and forever, I want to be the one to catch your fall... no matter how big you get or how independent you become. I'll be there for you. I love you with all my heart little girl!!"

Well, for kicks I decided to take out the picture of Priya and low and behold, I like this version a lot better. It's too late to change it in the gallery but I'll put it here for all 2 of you to see it. :) Which do you like better?

2 comments:

LedaP said...

I kind of like the 2nd one better too. That's funny..

That shadow is COOL. Where did you get/how did you do that?

Sandy said...

the shadow image i grabbed from a free stock photography website: http://www.sxc.hu/home

then, i was trying zoom in on my layout and i guess i didn't have the right keys held down and it turns out i did some blending effect to the photo accidentally which i LOVED. i have no idea what it was though. :) one of these pin light, hard light, dissolve... some blending option like that. so, i kept it. then i did the radial blur just on the edges to keep the people in focus.

oh man... i didn't finish until 1am. had to get it done yesterday because we are skiing this weekend and today is katy's last day in town so i'm hosting a "last supper" for her and the girls. tears, wine and indian food tonight! :)

have a good weekend tubing... take lots of pictures.