
Credits
Three Wishes freebie by DC Designs (made for the Little Dreamer Apprentice Contest)
Origami Box: schmetterlings box blog challenge freebie by Gerti Vorschau
font: Chinese Takeway
I'd heard of altered books, etc., but wasn't really sure exactly what altered art entailed...so I thought I'd share a little I found on altered art techniques:
Altered Art uses mixed media, collage, vintage items, embellishments, decoupage and more! Found objects are an intregal part of altered art. Sure, you can buy faux vintage images and metal whatnots, but the beauty of altered art is in re-using otherwise discarded materials: old magazines, broken jewelry and dolls, fabric scraps. The best place to search for used bits and pieces (outside of your own attic) is thrift stores. Art may also be altered digitally using special effects or actions. Elements may be used from multiple sources or derived from the original piece itself.
Someday, the altered art you make today will be old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them in new altered art. It's the best that any piece of art can hope for.

1 comment:
Leda,
This is really cute. I love the way Kaylee looks so big standing there in the water.
Post a Comment