Saturday, March 22, 2008

Challenge 8 - Most Memorable Trip - Sandy's Layout

Right away I knew that I wanted to scrap about my first trip to India in November 2003. It was the first time I got a glimpse into Bartee's childhood and also the first time that Priya met her paternal grandparents. There were lots of new experiences and firsts for me there, but most importantly, it was the last time that we saw Appa. He passed away only 7 months after our visit. He was unable to meet his final grandchild... the boy he had always hoped for... and we miss him dearly. This page is a small tribute to a great man.



We had to use only black and white photos, a one-word title, no travel elements (like cars, trains or planes) and we needed to incorporate the lyrics to a song. I think I managed all of this.

Credits:
Kit: Indian Summer Collab Kit from Oscraps
Font: ToulouseLautrec
Song: Running Through The Fields by Sister Hazel

Journaling Reads:
No one knows how hard we tried
To make it to tomorrow
For just another day
There’s never time to borrow
For things I’ll never get to say...

But I’m missin’ you today
Don’t know why you went away
And there’s so much more to say
But I’ll be with you some day

Moments turn to hours
Months they turn to years
It’s different now without you
Your image crystal clear

You can see my layout in the gallery here. To see all the racers entries, check out the Challenge Eight gallery.

1 comment:

Journey_of_Life said...

hey that is cool.
visit www.oneagainstmesothelioma.blogspot.com
it is really a great site! i think you would be very interested!